If you’re looking for manual therapy for recovery and/or pain management this option is for you.
What is manual therapy?
Manual therapy is physical treatment used to manipulate muscle, soft tissue, and joints to create change in range of motion, movement restrictions and/or dysfunction, and decrease pain in musculoskeletal conditions.
Conditions we treat by utilizing manual therapy techniques:
- Muscle Spasms
- Muscle Strains
- Joint Sprains
- SI joint dysfunction
- Tendonitis/Overuse injuries
- Back Pain
- Postural Compensations
Some types of soft-tissue and joint mobilizations we use:
- Muscle Energy Techniques: used to re-establish alignment using muscular contractions (especially in the hips and shoulders)
- Positional Release Therapy-technique used to release pain-spasm cycles in muscles.
- Soft-Tissue Mobilization/instrument-assisted tissue mobilization (IASTM)- used to release tight muscles, fascia, adhesions, decrease pain, and resolves chronic inflammation, increases range of motion.
- Joint Mobilizations: used to increase joint mobility, range of motion, and decrease pain.